- 200g dark or milk chocolate chopped roughly
- 200g butter chopped roughly
- 4 eggs
- 1 Cup of castor Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups of Plain Flour
- Â¼ cup of Cocoa Powder
- Preheat oven to moderate 180C. Brush a shallow 20*30cm tin with oil or melted butter. Line the base with baking paper extending over the 2 long sides of the tin
- Melt the chocolate and butter over the stove or in the microwave. Stir until well combined and leave to cool slightly
- Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla extract together with a wire whisk until combined and sugar has started to dissolve.
- Add Chocolate mixture to Egg mixture and then gradually sift in flour and cocoa. Stir until just combined
- Pour into tin and bake for 45 â€“ 50 minutes â€“ can be under done if you prefer a more soft centre
- Allow to cool completely in the tin before refrigerating for 2-3 hours at least or until set solid.
- Cut into small squares to serve
- May be decorated with white chocolate for a special treat